The traditional farmhouse gite is a French ‘longere’ with all rooms on the ground floor. There are many original features, including two stunning Charentaise fireplaces. La Petite Pommeraie easily sleeps up to 10 guests in five bedrooms.
No smoking is allowed at the property.
The farmhouse is wheelchair accessible – all rooms are on the ground floor, with only one or two steps to negotiate at any one time.
Pets considered – if you have up to two very well behaved dogs that you like to take on holiday, we will consider them being added to the booking. This is strictly by prior arrangement.
- Bedroom 1 – kingsize bed with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2 – 2 single beds (can zip together to form a double bed)
- Bedroom 3 – 2 single beds
- Bedroom 4 – double bed
- Bedroom 5 – kingsize bed
- Separate shower
- Heated towel rail
- Shower enclosure
- Heated towel rail
- SMEG range cooker with induction hob
- Large fridge/freezer
- Farmhouse table
- Well equipped with coffee mugs, cups, saucers, plates, bowls, teapots, baking dishes, baking tins, chopping boards, cutlery, wide selection of cooking utensils
- Tassimo coffee maker
There is a farmhouse table in the kitchen which seats 10 people, a teak garden table on the terrace with a parasol and chairs and a large table and benches undercover next to the pool.
- Large TV with Sky in living room
- DVD player and selection of DVDs for all the family
- CD player with a small selection of CD’s
- Games – Monopoly, Charades, etc
- Table football
The private pool is for guests sole use and overlooks the beautiful French countryside – it is a solar (PV) heated, in-ground 8m x 4m pool with liner and shallow end. It is adjacent to lovely covered pool barn (or auvent) with views across the countryside. There are various sun loungers and poolside chairs to relax on in the pool area and parasols.
- Charcoal barbecue situated in the pool barn
- Extensive terraced area with a large table and chairs with views of the countryside, but close to the kitchen
- Flat grass area adjacent to terrace and extensive grass areas leading to orchard & gardens
- a selection of bikes are available of various sizes for ages 12 up wards.
- Please note – NO HELMETS ARE PROVIDED so please remember to bring your own if you wish
- Nearby at Manoir de Longeveau
Kayak / Canoe
- Nearby at Aubeterre-sur-Dronne and also at Riberac
- Highchairs & booster chairs on request
- Baby bath & change mat on request
- Internet – unlimited wifi
- Woodburner in the sitting room – logs supplied free of charge
- Air Conditioning – heat exchange units in all bedrooms
- Cotton bed linen provided – all bed sheets, duvets & duvet covers and pillowcases
- There are extra blankets and throws in the rooms in case of cooler weather.
- Bath & hand towels provided, but please bring your own towels for pool/beach.
- A hand towel is provided in each bathroom along with bath mats.
- Washing machine
- Hair dryers in three bedrooms
- Iron & ironing board